Monday, June 9, 2008

Heck yea summer!

In the winter all we have is summer to look forward to,
and in the summer all we're granted is a sunburn face with nothing to do.


So its summer time now. I made it through another year of school. How great is that, I didn't do the best with school, but I at least tried. I have grown quite a bit since the beginning of last year, and a whole lot more since the beginning of college.
So its summer now, now what?
The last few weeks of school, all I heard was how excited everyone was to be able to get out of school, but for me, I hated that thought. I don't like summer at all, and there are a few reasons for that. I could go into them all, but I really don't feel like it. I might feel like going into a few reasons though.
I guess it could all start with the fact that the past few years, my summers have been busy, full of drama, and extremely lonely for me. Most people have themselves a summer fling. I sometimes did, but this summer fling quickly turns into complete and utter rejection for me.
I now have a girlfriend, and I don't think she will be leaving me any time soon. This is why I think this. Most of my "flings" or whatever you would call them, they usually fall apart for one of two reasons. First, the person at fault is me, I can sometimes be the kind of person who will give up very easily. This time, I am not giving up. Second, some of the girls I had gone after were not at a close enough maturity level as me. Not to sound conceited or anything, but some people grow up faster than others, and I happen to have grown up a little faster. And my girlfriend now, she seems to be at a high enough maturity level for me and her to be compatible.
So now, besides girl problems, which have been occurring with me ever since I was old enough to become interested in girls, another reason I don't favor summer is how I always feel stagnant. Nothing is usually going on, there is nothing to look forward to, nothing to be anxious about. Maybe that's one of the things I liked about going to school, there is usually something to have to look forward to, something to sometimes get anxious about, like a test or a project or something. During the summer, all I do is work, come home, shower, sit around, and sometimes I do stuff with my friends. On the weekend, I usually just sit around the house unless there is something else to do.
Now, my summer job, it is very hard, but I am not going to complain about that. It is a maintenance job, and it is a real good learning experience for me. Just the past two summers, I have learned to frame walls, soldier pipes, fix toilets, fix floors, mix and spread concrete, and so many other things. So thanks to this job, I have become a bit of a handyman, which is great for when I get my own place and eventually get married.
So, when the summer eventually winds down, I will be going back to Bowling Green for my life of something I have become a little more used to, not to mention a pretty lady who will live right next door to me. When the summer is over, I will get back into my life of learning about programming and other things of interest to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree totally Tim. Summer usually consists of me going to work, coming home and showering, and sitting around doing nothing. It always seems like everyone else is too busy to hang out with me or just forgets about me. So I sit around bored and wishing I could just go buck to college where there is shit to do. The whole summer fling too never seems to work because a) every girl I know has a boyfriend or b) I am pretty much just flat out rejected. So I concur that summer sucks and at least at school there is stuff to do and people to hang out with.